An innovation center designed to enhance the customer formulation experience by offering quality technical support, rapid response, and individualized solutions.
How we can support you
Andes Innovation lab capabilities include a wide range of methods and testing for paint and coatings performance, elastomeric roof coatings, and performance additives for building and construction.
- Technical advice and customized formulation development
- Guidance for product optimization
- Troubleshooting assistance
- Utilizing new technologies across adjacent market applications and geographic regions, providing commercially viable future-focused formulations that respond to market needs
- Compliance expertise
- Application testing with quantitative results
- Cross regional knowledge
- QUV Accelerated weathering tester
- BYK Gardner scrub abrasion tester
- Planetary mixer
- Dispermat® CN30
- Precision Adhesion Testing (P.A.T)
- Spectro-guide 45/0, gloss
- Durometer Hardness Type "A"
- Drying Time Recorder
- Alkyd enamels
- Cementitious tile adhesives
- Decorative coatings
- Elastomeric roof coatings
- Industrial coatings
- Joint compounds
- Paint removers
- Wood coatings
We have supported formulation needs
for the following:
Our team of qualified scientists are ready to provide technical support and customized formulation solutions to the coatings and construction industry in the North Latam and Andean region.
Holds a B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Miami. Prior to joining IMCD/Andes Chemical in 2013, Santiago spent 28 years in the industry with several global producers providing technical support for architectural coatings and construction products to strategic Latin American and U.S. accounts. In 2013 Santiago joined Andes Chemical Corporation as the Innovation and Technical Service Director, focused on developing custom innovative formulation solutions in close collaboration with customers and principal suppliers.
Maria Paula Cubides
Holds a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the National University of Colombia and is a current M.S. student in Environmental Engineering at Florida International University. Maria Paula joined Andes Chemical Corporation in 2021,initially focusing on decorative coatings and construction applications. She has quickly developed into an accelerated weathering specialist gathering and reporting extremely useful durability data from numerous well designed QUV studies.
Would you like to have a closer look at our facilities and meet our experts? We would be delighted to welcome you and have a talk!
IMCD Miami Laboratory
Coatings & Construction
11125 NW 29th Street
Doral, Florida 33172
Phone: +1 305 591 5601