Water Dispersible HDI Crosslinker for High Touch & High Scrub Coatings
Waterborne polyurethane coatings provide the high level of protection and appealing appearance expected from conventional solventborne systems. They also provide very low solvent content and significantly reduced solvent emissions.
Bayhydur HD 2018 is a hydrophilic aliphatic polyisocyanate based on hexamethylene diisocyanate (HDI). It is suitable as a hardener for near zero VOC waterborne two-component polyurethane coatings. Bayhydur HD 2018 is used primarily as the crosslinking agent for waterborne polyol binders (Bayhydrol).
Because of its hydrophilic character, Bayhydur HD 2018 can be easily dispersed in the aqueous phase. When combined with Bayhydrol HD 2016 and Bayhdrol HD 2017, it can be formulated into highly durable (high touch/high scrub) architectural wall coatings which exhibit:
• High durability even in eggshell or flat finishes
• Excellent chemical and disinfectant resistance
• Very low odor during installation and drying
• Exceeds the protocol for MPI 252 and MPI 254 paint standards
Bayhydur HD 2018 can also be added to conventional OH-free dispersions to improve their property profiles.
• Highly durable architectural wall coatings