Partnerships that last
Discover our key milestones
Key milestone 1995
Under the management of Piet van der Slikke several speciality
chemical distribution companies within Internatio-Müller are
combined as a separate division and starts to grow its activities
in EMEA and Australia, establishing a new player in the field of
speciality chemicals distribution.
Key milestone 2001-2004
Management and NIBC Private Equity acquire the company
from Internatio-Müller. The name of the stand-alone organization
is changed to “IMCD”. IMCD adopts a single IT platform in
Europe and a matrix organization along geographic lines and
end markets, enabling distribution on a broad geographical
basis. It also expands its services to regions such as Turkey,
India, and Russia.
Key Milestone 2005-2014
Two rounds of private equity investments enable accelerated
growth over this decade. IMCD strengthens its activities across
EMEA, enabling pan-European coverage to its suppliers, and
enters new regions with acquisitions and greenfield operations
in Africa, Latin-America, and APAC.
Key Milestone 2014
Having become a global leader in distribution of speciality
chemicals and ingredients, IMCD’s shares are successfully
listed on the Euronext stock exchange in Amsterdam.
Key Milestone 2015-2019
IMCD expands further in North American (US / Canada) and
successfully establishes a national US footprint, providing
suppliers and customers with coast-to-coast coverage and
expertise. It furthermore strengthens its presence in Latin
America, adding Colombia to its geographical reach, and in
Asia, with acquisitions in India, Singapore, and South-Korea.
During these years, IMCD develops its laboratories into a global
network of technical centers that support its business partners
with high quality technical advice and formulation expertise.
Key Milestone 2019
In March 2019, IMCD moved into the Dutch blue chip AEX
Key Milestone 2020
This year marks IMCD’s 25th anniversary. As of September, IMCD celebrates 25 years of innovation and value creation. Despite challenging market conditions, IMCD successfully embarked on the next steps of its growth strategy by:
- Expanding our presence to the Middle East with a regional head office in Dubai.
- The acquisition of Signet in India, providing a significant platform for further growth in India and the APAC region in the pharmaceutical sector, to improve IMCD’s leading position in the distribution of pharmaceuticals.
- Opening three new and inspiring office locations in Cleveland, St Petersburg and Bangkok.
- Through acquisitions, we expanded the footprint of our Food & Nutrition business with VitaQualy Comercio de Ingredientes in Brazil and Millikan in Mexico, our Advanced Materials Business with Koko-Fiber in Finland, and our Personal Care business with Ejder Kimya in Turkey and Banner Química in Mexico.
- Meanwhile, the teams at Unired Químicas, Neuvendis and DCS Pharma were fully integrated.
- With three enhanced technical centers for Food & Nutrition in North America and Thailand and for Personal Care in Thailand, our globe-spanning teams of technical and sales experts provide our customers with the innovation and support they need to succeed.