AEROSIL R 202 is a fumed silica surface-treated with polydimethylsiloxane.
- The silicone oil treatment guarantees the marked hydrophobia of the product
- Highly efficient effect in the thickening and thixotropy of complex polar liquids, such as those based on epoxy, polyurethane, or vinylester resins
- Improves the water resistance of moisture -sensitive formulations, such as cosmetic preparations
- Improvement of the anti-settling behavior of pigments and anti-sagging behavior in 2-C epoxy coatings.
- With silicone oil treatment, AEROSIL R 202 offers a tailor-made chemical surface treatment.
- Due to its excellent electrical insulating ability and low water absorption, this hydrophobized, small-particle silica easily acquires and conserves electrical charge. It is therefore typically used as a surface additive for toner particles in order to increase charge and improve flowabllity.
- The high hydrophobicity of PDMS-treated, small particle AEROSIL grades makes them particularly effective for achieving a high tribo charge.
- At the same time, PDMS treated, small particle AEROSIL grades maintain good flowability.
- The slightly oily effect of the PDMS treatment provides ad ditional benefits In some printing processes.