CER-PAO is a concentrated dispersion of PTFE and Boron Nitride in a Polyalphaolefin (PAO) carrier. CER-PAO provides a new dimension in durable coating application. It is an exceptionally stable dispersion that is translucent white in color which makes CER-PAO desirable for applications where the use of a dark colored (Graphite or MoS2) solid lubricants would be unacceptable
CER-PAO is formulated with the patented technology of Ceramic Reinforced Technologies which “Ceramically Reinforces” the PTFE. The reinforcement significantly increases its durability and application range and the technology also provides improved E.P., load carrying and anti-wear properties in fully formulated and finished coatings and lubricants.
Benefits can include energy savings, smoother mechanical operation, extended life, and reduced maintenance costs of the object being coated or lubricated. The “reinforced” PTFE reduces surface to surface contact and scuffing while providing reliable low friction lubrication under boundary conditions.
- Lubricating solids: CERFLON® (PTFE/BN)
- Carrier: Polyalphaolefin (PAO)
- Viscosity: 150 mPas @ 25°C (77°F) typical
- Solids content: 18% (PTFE/Boron Nitride)
- Particle size: 2.25 microns (mean)
- Density: ~8 lb/gal (0.96 kg/l) @ 25°C (77°F)
- Flash point: >200???F (>93???C)
- Color: White