Copolymer 186 - Description
Copolymer 186 is a Castung derivative used in the preparation of quality varnishes and coating vehicles by cold-blending with selected resins at room temperature. Copolymer 186 has excellent compatibility with a wide range of resins at room temperature. It yields coatings with excellent exterior performance as clears, anticorrosive primers and coatings, aluminum paints and primers, blister resistant wood primers and for up-grading alkyd coatings.
Copolymer 186 is a drying oil copolymer derived from castor oil. It is designed to produce vehicles with outstanding properties and performance, not by cooking, but by simply mixing with resins at room temperature (cold blending).
More information about Copolymer 186
- Specifically designed for the preparation of varnishes by the cold cut method
- Excellent drying speed, toughness, unexcelled durability, fresh and salt water resistance
- Eliminates the need for a heated reactor, eliminating the 3 to 10% volatile loss associated with cooking
- Avoids the darkening which usually results from cooking
- Reduces product variability
- Improves long package stability