Culminal methylcellulose (MC) derivatives help building materials apply more easily and perform better. Culminal products provide water retention, workability and cohesiveness to mixtures. They are also used to control thickening, water demand, open time, sag resistance, strength and other important properties of the final product.
Culminal methylcellulose derivatives include MHEC and MHPC chemistries, mostly as formulated solutions and tailored towards use in specific end products aiming to meet well defined end product property profiles and help achieving and exceeding national and international standards.
Culminal products are also available with retarded hydration to allow use in ready-to-use building materials. Culminal methylcellulose derivatives have applications in cementitious adhesives, gypsum plasters and fillers, joint compounds, renders and skim coats, self-leveling underlayments and floor screeds, and many more.
Ashland offers specific product lines of formulated solutions to address specific needs :
- Culminal UP - special products for lowest possible impact on cement hydration (faster setting)
- Culminal Plus - for improved open time in cementitious adhesives
- Culminal C and M series � universal products
- Culminal Plus, Culminal UP & Culminal FS modified cellulose ethers - the perfect solutions for premium cementitious tile adhesives
- Culminal Plus, Culminal UP and Culminal FS, are designed for use in premium cementitious tile adhesives, which are clearly specified in EN 12004/ISO 13007 as well as ANSI 118.x norms as to their performance.
- Provide water retention, workability and cohesiveness to mixtures