DA 3510 - Description
DA-3510 is a water-redispersible vinyl acetate/ethylene copolymer powder that is readily dispersible in water and forms stable emulsion. This resin is soft and flexible, because of its relatively high ethylene content. Its glass transition temperature is below freezing point. This redispersible powder is especially recommended for blending with inorganic binders such as cement, gypsum and hydrated lime, or as a sole binder for making construction adhesives and seals.
The water repellency of construction materials enhanced with DA-3510 depends on the formulation. Additives such as antifoam agents, thickeners, anti-flow additives, flow improvers, superplasticizer agents, retarders, water retention agents or general surfactants can significantly affect the water repellency. The water-repellent properties are much more pronounced with silicate fillers than with carbonates.
More information about DA 3510
- Enhances the adhesion, flexural strength, plasticity, workability of modified compounds without appreciably affecting flow, thixotropy or water retention
- Compatible with mortar additives used to achieve special processing characteristics
- Due to its low glass-transition temperature, DA-3510, if added in sufficient amounts, imparts excellent plasticity to building materials, even at low temperatures
- If added in very high amounts, DA-3510 prevents the penetration of water
- However, higher plasticity of compositions enhanced with DA-3510 is only observed when the redispersible powder is added in amounts over 5 %, based on total weight