Dragosine (L-Carnosine) is a nature-identical dipeptide (ß-Alanyl-L-histidin) present in millimolar concentrations in muscle tissues. It protects cells against oxidative stress. In cosmetic products, Dragosine is used as an anti-aging ingredient which has powerful antioxidant properties that stimulate collagen synthesis.
Acknowledged for its remarkable anti-glycation & antioxidant properties, Dragosine also protects cells from mitochondrial oxidative stress to visibly reduce signs of aging.
In latest research findings Dragosine has been show to protect against damage from sun light with a new set of in-vitro and ex-vivo results on hyperpigmentation induced by high-energy visible light.
- Nature identical highly pure compound
- Multifunctional dipeptide found in the human body Contributes to full light protection against photoaging
- Chemical antioxidant, ROS Scavenger metal ions chelating and anti-glycation (in-vitro)
- Protects against visible light (blue light) induced hyperpigmentation (in-vitro, ex-vivo)
- Protects mitrochondria from oxidative damage (in-vitro)