Dynasylan MTMO is a bifunctional organosilane possessing a reactive organic mercapto and a hydrolyzable inorganic methoxysilyl group.
The dual nature of its reactivity allows Dynasylan MTMO to bind chemically to both inorganic materials (e.g. glass, metals, fillers) and organic polymers (e.g. thermosets, thermoplastics, elastomers), thus functioning as an adhesion promoter, crosslinking agent, surface modifier or reactive reagent.
Dynasylan MTMO is a clear, colorless to light yellow liquid with a slightly mercaptan odor. It is soluble in alcohols, ketones and aliphatic or aromatic hydrocarbons.
Important product effects that can be achieved through the use of Dynasylan MTMO include:
- Compression set
- Improved mechanical properties, e.g. flexural strength, tensile strength, impact strength and modulus of elasticity, tear strength
- Improved moisture and corrosion resistance
- Improved electrical properties, e.g. dielectric constant, volume resistivity
- Increased thermal resistivity
Dynasylan MTMO can also improve such processing properties as:
- Cure time
- Filler dispersion
- Rheological behavior: (e.g. viscosity reduction)
- Higher filler loading