EB-21 is an oil gelling agent, derived from glutamic acid. It can be used to form clear hard oil sticks and/or clear oil gels. It can also be used in emulsion systems to increase stability. It has a wide range of applications in skin care, makeup and hair care.
- Oil gels are stable at high temperature.
- The sensory feeling of oil gels is the same as oils themselves.
- Small amounts of EB-21 (1˜4wt.%) can make hard oil gels of cyclomethicone, mineral oil and so on.
- Small amounts of EB-21 (0.2˜1wt.%) can make viscous oil gels of polyisobutene.
- Oil gels can be melted at the lower temperature than the dissolution of EB-21.