Emulsiphos - Description
Emulsiphos is a non-ethoxylated, anionic o/w emulsifier. It is a complex of Cetyl phosphate, fat alcohol and potassium. The emulsifier is vegetable-based.
Emulsiphos is well suited for the preparation of creams and lotions at pH values between 4 and 9. Polar and non-polar emollients are well compatible with this emulsifier. The emulsifier can be incorporated both, via water phase or oil phase.
More information about Emulsiphos
- Based on vegetable, renewable feedstock
- Can be used for thin fluid formulations, but also for soft creams
- Works also as a co-emulsifier at low dosages (0.2 – 0.5%)
- Pelletized form makes it easy to handle
- The combination with a plant based lipid component facilitates the ability of dispersion, both in the oil or aqueous phase and inhibits foam formation (compared to sole Potassium Cetyl Phosphate)
- Bioinspired molecular structure promotes the ability to form liquid crystalline structures similar to skin lipids
- Clinically proven skin compatibility makes it particularly suitable for sensitive skin
- Provides even challenging formulations (e.g. high SPF sun care) with an appealing skin feeling