Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) is a shrub which grows in the deserts of Mexico, California and Arizona, and is cultivated in other parts of the world as well. The shrub is a real miracle when it comes to survival – it has to cope with night temperatures between 32 and 41°F, as well as temperatures up to 113°F during day time. The shrub (which heights up to 3 meters), has very long roots, up to 4 m, which can reach water-containing parts. Despite the extreme temperatures and drought, it can reach ages over 200 years.
Originally one mistakenly thought that the species came from China, which is reflected in the name Buxus chinensis. The name Jojoba is derived from the Indian word ‘Jojowi’
The jojoba seeds contain 40 – 62% of an oil, which has a quite unique composition. It does not have the triglyceride structure which is usually found in vegetable oils, but it consists of very long straight-chain wax ester. It is known for its remarkable high stability to oxidation. In cosmetics, it is highly appreciated for its moisturizing properties.
The oil is obtained by cold pressing.
- Unique oil consisting of long chain wax esters
- Rich feel
- Highly oxidative stable
- Interesting moisturizing properties
- Certified as 100 % organic by Ecocert GREENLIFE according to COSMOS Standard
- Jojoba Oil CP Org is a raw material certified by Ecocert GREENLIFE according to the ECOCERT Standard for Natural and Organic Cosmetics.100% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming.
- Jojoba Oil CP Org is Halal certified