Magnapearl - Description
Magnapearl pearlescent pigments are specially engineered to deliver superior whiteness, brilliance and hiding. Available in a variety of particle sizes, they have exceptional luster, ranging from smooth to bold sparkle and create white pearlescence or a simulated metallic effect.
More information about Magnapearl
- Made of mica platelets coated with titanium dioxide, Magnapearl pigments are free of solvents and heavy metals.
- The Magnapearl 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000and 5000 series include grades coated with titanium dioxide crystals in either anatase or rutile form. Grades containing rutile crystals tend to have higher luster, coverage and whiteness, while grades containing anatase crystals are free of tin.
- Surface-treated Magnapearl pigments are available to prevent yellowing in plastics applications.
- CFS chrome-free surface treatment improves adhesion and resistance to humidity in water-based coatings and chip resistance in solvent-based coatings. This makes them ideal for automotive coating applications and other outdoor uses, such as on lawn and garden furniture and outdoor appliances.
- Can be widely used in all types of polymers which are transparent or translucent in nature.