Mearlite series pigments are based on bismuth oxychloride and create an extremely smooth and fine-textured appearance. They impart a range of optical effects from a soft, satin luster to a sharp, metallic brilliance in plastics, coatings and inks.
- When used alone in spray coatings, Mearlite pigments create a simulated pearl finish
- When used as a reflective surface under transparent color coatings, they provide a candy apple effect
- Create intense, lustrous colors when combined with organic pigments or dyes
- Mearlite Ultra Bright grades provide the highest brilliance of any synthetic pearlescent pigment. It is the most widely used Mearlite grade for coatings, inks and polyester castings.
- Mearlite Radiant Pearl combines the brilliance of Ultra Bright pigments with a surface treatment to reduce darkening by ultraviolet light. When formulated with UV absorbers, this grade is well-suited for exterior coatings.