Mesamoll is a general purpose plasticizer, with good gelling behavior and saponification resistance, which is compatible with many types of polymers including PVC and polyurethanes.
Available grades include:
- Mesamoll: General purpose phthalate free plastisizer
- Mesamoll II: Lower volatility than Mesamoll and some FDA approvals
- Mesamoll 51067: Same as Mesamoll but faster gelling and lower viscosity
- Outstanding gelling capacity with a large number of polymers including PVC and polyurethanes, resulting in lower processing temperatures and shorter processing times.
- High saponification resistance, especially beneficial for articles which come into contact with water and alkalis.
- Good compatibility with a large number of polymers such as polyurethane (PU), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), natural rubber (NR), styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR), blends of styrene-butadiene rubber and butadiene rubber (SBR/BR), isobutylene-isoprene rubber (IIR), acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR) and chloroprene rubber (CR)
- Outstanding resistance to weathering and light
- Good dielectric properties which give plasticized PVC outstanding weldability at high frequencies leading to shorter cycle times than with other plasticizers.