Daikin PCTFE is a homopolymer of chlorotrifluoroethylene. PCTFE is melt processible and can be extruded or molded. PCTFE has a number of unique properties. In addition to excellent thermal and chemical stability, it has very low moisture absorption and permeation. It also is highly resistant to cold flow, is very rigid, is tough, has excellent dimensional stability and extremely good low temperature properties. It is especially applicable as a valve component material in cryogenic fluid service. Available grades include:
Neoflon PCTFE M-300P: Supplied in pellet form. Suitable for compression molding and extrusion molding
Neoflon: PCTFE M-400H: Supplied in granular form. It is a high-molecular weight type compared to M300H, with excellent stress crack resistance.
- Melt processible and can be extruded or molded
- Excellent thermal and chemical stability
- Very low moisture absorption and permeation
- Highly resistant to cold flow, is very rigid, is tough, has excellent dimensional stability
- Extremely good low temperature properties