Silcolapse 496 is a high performance silicone antifoam emulsion designed for use in severe environmental storage conditions and a wide range of aqueous industrial applications. The product effectively controls foam at concentrations as low as 10 ppm solids, even at elevated temperatures and under pressure. Silcolapse 496 gives good results at wide-ranging pH and is effective under highly alkaline or acidic conditions. The emulsion is freeze-protected to less than -10°C and is stable upon thawing even after repeated freeze thaw cycles below -40°C.
- Easy to use – as supplied or pre-diluted in water or in the medium to be defoamed
- Cost efficient, effective in doses as low as 10 ppm
- Highly effective in most aqueous media, and at many pH levels
- Chemically inert in foaming systems – will not alter the properties of the foaming medium
- Heat resistant – withstands temperatures up to 120°C (248°F)
- Can be used with automatic metering systems