Triacetin is a clear, colourless acetate ester used for plasticising NBR and cellulose derivatives. Triacetin is readily soluble in aromatic hydrocarbons and most organic solvents. It is insoluble in aliphatic hydrocarbons, mineral oils, and vegetable and animal oils. Solubility in water is low.
• Very good dissolving power for a number of organic substances
• Good plasticizing effect for various plastics such as cellulose acetates or cellulose acetobutyrates
• Good plasticizing effect for cellulose-based paints
• Good compatibility with natural and synthetic rubber
• Good light resistance
• Excellent suitability for the solidification of acetyl cellulose fibers for the manufacture of cigarette filters