TruVis TM850 - Description
TruVis TM850 is a trimellitate diester.
Synthetic esters, with their polarity and uniform structure, provide multiple high-performance functions in lubricants:
- As a base stock or as an additive, esters improve lubricity, improve the solubility of additives, have an affinity for metal surfaces and improve cleanliness and sludge control.
- Versus mineral oils, the ester structure offers lower volatility at lower molecular weight and lower viscosity.
- Esters can be selected to provide extreme high temperature performance, extreme low temperature performance or both.
- Esters provide or enhance seal and gasket compatibility.
- Esters generally offer high thermal-oxidative stability.
Esters can be combined with PAO's or mineral oils to improve seal swell, solubilize additives, reduce volatility and improve energy efficiency. Many esters are used in environmentally acceptable lubricant applications due to their biodegradability and low toxicity.
Trimellitate esters are often a cost-effective alternative to high viscosity polyol esters. They are used where low volatility, thermal stability and high lubricity are needed. Applications include compressor lubes, gear oils, chain lubes and greases.
More information about TruVis TM850
Gears, including Industrial, Automotive & Wind
- High or low viscosity performance
- High viscosity at elevated temperatures
- Improved thermal & oxidative stability
- Great solubilizing characteristics
- High temperature performance
- Low coking, low residue
- Great for high & low-temperature applications