The Uniplex family of plasticizers is based on a wide range of chemistries which are suitable for a variety of applications.
Adipates: Uniplex 125A, Uniplex 165 Benzoate Esters: Uniplex 260, Uniplex 354, Uniplex 400, Uniplex 512, Uniplex 552, Uniplex 988 Citrate Esters: Uniplex 80, Uniplex 83, Uniplex 84 PEG Esters: Uniplex 809, Uniplex 810 Phthalates: Uniplex 155, Uniplex 250, Uniplex 250M (micronized) Resin: Uniplex 670P Sebacates: Uniplex DOS, Uniplex DBS Sulfonamides: Uniplex 108, Uniplex 171, Uniplex 214 Trimellitates: Uniplex 546, Uniplex 810 TM-E
Adipates - Beneficial for use where low temperature flexibility is required.
- Uniplex 125A: Low-temperature-resistant plasticizer suitable for a large number of polymers, including PVB resins, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR), styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) chloroprene rubber (CR), ethylene-vinyl acetate rubber (EVM), ethylene-propylene copolymers (EPM) and polyvinyl acetate (PVAC). Beneficial when very good low temperature resistance and light stability are required, together with high elasticity.
- Uniplex 165: Effective plasticizer for imparting low temperature flexibility to various polymers. It is compatible with cellulose esters, polyvinyl acetate (PVAc), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), vinyl chloride vinyl acetate copolymers (VCVAC) and rubber. Uniplex 165 is suggested as a solvent respectively plasticizer in fingernail enamel, nail enamel remover, hair sprays, adhesives, and coatings.
Benzoate Esters � Highly solvating
- Uniplex 260: Solid polyol benzoate plasticizer, processing aid and modifier for a wide range of polymers, including polyester, acrylic resins, polyvinyl acetate, cellophane and nitrocellulose. It is especially recommend for use in heat seal applications and coatings. Typical applications include plasticizer in nail lacquer, printing inks, adhesives, metallic and pigmented surface coatings, extrusion and injection molding processing aids and cleaning material for hot melt roll coaters. Uniplex 354: Dibenzoate used as non-phthalate plasticizer with high solvating characteristics for coatings, adhesives and plastisols. Good compatibility with a large number of polymers such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polyvinyl acetate (PVAc) and polyacrylates. Uniplex 354 enables a good processing with PVC and shows a moderate plasticizing efficiency. Due to low migration properties it offers bleed resistance to plasticized PVC, a property which is particularly useful in PVC plastisol printing on colored fabrics.
- Uniplex 400: Low volatility, moderately solvating benzoate plasticizer. It is an efficient alternative to higher alkyl benzyl phthalate plasticizers. Compatible with a large number of polymers such as polyvinyl chloride, polysulfides, polyvinyl acetate, polyurethanes, polystyrene, and polyacrylates. Used as a plasticizer for sealants, coatings, caulks, and adhesives.
- Uniplex 512: Low melting, waxy, solid plasticizer. The product is used as plasticizer for coatings application, as a thermoplastic processing aid and as a cleaner for adhesives. Utilized in thermoplastic polyesters (e.g. PBT, PCT, PET) to aid crystal growth during nucleation. Uniplex 512 is an effective plasticizer for coatings application, particularly in acrylic-based coatings where excellent ultraviolet light stability is required. It is useful as a cleaner for adhesives, especially to clean hot melt coating and laminating equipment. Uniplex 552: Low melting, waxy, solid plasticizer used as a plasticizer for coatings and as a thermoplastic processing aid. Can be formulated into adhesives intended for heat seal applications. Incorporation in polycarbonate or talc-filled polypropylene to improves injection molding by cycle-time reduction. Used in rigid vinyl compounds as an extrusion aid. Can be used in thermoplastic polyesters (e.g. PBT, PCT, PET) to aid crystal growth during nucleation.
- Uniplex 988: Versatile fast fusing, highly solvating dibenzoate plasticizer for PVC. It is compatible with many types of polymers including PVC, PVAc, PVB, PS, acrylates and cellulosics. Typical applications include water-based adhesives, acrylic latex caulks, resilient flooring and artificial leather. Available is a special low hydroxyl grade for reactive urethane applications (Uniplex 988S).
Citrate Esters - Beneficial for use where FDA clearances are required.
- Uniplex 80: Light-fast citric acid ester plasticizer and solvent exhibiting a good compatibility with a wide range of polymers and resins, including cellulosics, acrylics and polylactides. Used as a plastizer for cellulose resin derivatives (excipients, nail lacquer) and solvent (perfumes, flavors and fragrances). Does not promote fungal growth. Applications include anti-corrosion properties in lube additives.
- Uniplex 83: Useful plasticizer for polylactic acid, cellulose acetate and vinyl (furniture coatings, resilient flooring). Low odor and excellent color stability make it an excellent general purpose plasticizer. Does not support fungal growth. Applications include anti-corrosion properties in lube additives. Uniplex 83 has been widely formulated/plasticize in polyvinyl chloride polymers and cellulosic resins as a replacement to the phthalate plasticizers.
- Uniplex 84: General purpose plasticizer exhibiting a good compatibility with a wide range of polymers and resins, including PVC and cellulose acetate. A widely used plasticizer for indirect food contact applications. Useful in polylactic acid films and molding compounds. Typical applications include PVC and PVdC food packaging, plasticized articles intended to come into contact with food like drink bottle and food jar caps, transparent soft PVC articles, PVC children's toys, cellulose acetate films, solution coatings for foil and paper, hair sprays and milling lubricants for aluminum foil or sheet steel.
PEG Esters - Beneficial for use where high temperature stability is required.
- Uniplex 809: High molecular weight liquid plasticizer, having wide compatibility with a variety of polymers. Its low volatility and heat resistance makes it especially useful in engineering plastics, such as polyester and polyamide resins.
- Uniplex 810: High molecular weight plasticizer and nucleating agent developed for use in engineering plastics such as polyester and polyamide resins. Reduces molding times and enhances impact resistance.
Phthalates � Economical general purpose plasticizers
- Uniplex 155: Liquid plasticizer that is compatible with cellulose acetate, cellulose acetate butyrate, cellulose nitrate, ethyl cellulose, polymethylmethacrylate, polystyrene, polyvinyl butyral, polyvinyl chloride, thermosetting resins, natural and synthetic rubber.
- Uniplex 250/250M (micronized): Uniplex 250 is a powder-forming polymer additive, used in heat activated adhesives, coatings, labels and in printing ink formulations. It is often used as a retarding agent for peroxides. Uniplex 250M is a micronized form of Uniplex 250 which is particularly suitable for applications requiring an extremely fine particle size.
Resin - Polyester resin in butyl acetate used in fingernail enamels.
- Uniplex 670P: Imparts excellent adhesion, wear and water-resistant properties. It provides softening of film forming resins to provide flexibility and toughness. Used to plasticize nitrocellulose with the use of colorant or dye to make nail polish. Films of Uniplex 670P show mild adhesion properties, capable of improving adhesion to porous finger nails.
Sebacates - Beneficial for use where low temperature flexibility is required.
- Uniplex DBS: Efficient, low-temperature-resistant plasticizer for a variety of polymers, namely cellulose esters, polyvinyl butyral, polyvinyl chloride, polyvinylidene chloride, polystyrene, and synthetic rubbers (especially nitrile and chloroprene). It can be used as a dispersant for pigments in various plastics. It has a low viscosity, enabling the manufacture of highly filled pigment batches. Better performance than DOS in rigorous applications like wire and cable. is Can used when regulations and recommendations governing food contacting applications need to be met.
- Uniplex DOS: Low-temperature and light-resistant plasticizer for PVC, PS, cellulosics and rubber. In PVC it exhibits an advantageous blend of properties such as an excellent low temperature flexibility combined with a low volatility. Uniplex DOS has good extraction resistance to water/soapy water. It can also be used a lubricant additive.
Sulfonamides - Widely compatible plasticizers used mainly in nylon (PA6, PA66, PA11 and PA12).
- Uniplex 108: Useful liquid sulfonamide plasticizer with a low order of toxicity. Approved for use in food packaging applications according to 21 CFR 121.2514 and 121.2520.
- Uniplex 171: A solid plasticizer useful for thermosetting resins (melamine, urea, phenolic) improving workability, smooth finish, and uniform curing. Improves the resin's wetting action with fillers. Does not have the softening action of the liquid sulfonamide plasticizers.
- Uniplex 214: The workhorse liquid plasticizers for commodity polyamides (PA6, PA66, PA11 and PA12) imparting flexibility especially at low temperature, as well as moisture and solvent resistance. Flexible pneumatic hoses, brake lines, oil rig umbilical cords.
Trimellitates - Beneficial for use where high temperature stability is required.
- Uniplex 810 TM-E: Excellent low volatility plasticizer for polyvinyl chloride. It is particularly recommended for use in PVC wire insulation.