The dual nature of its reactivity allows Dynasylan 1189 to bind chemically to both inorganic materials (e.g. glass, metals, fillers) and organic polymers (e.g. thermosets, thermoplastics and elastomers) thus functioning as an adhesion promoter or as a surface modifier and can be used for the chemical modification of substances.
Dynasylan 1189 is a bifunctional silane possessing a reactive secondary amine and hydrolyzable methoxysilyl groups.
Dynasylan 1189 is a colorless to slight yellowish liquid with a light amine-like odor which is, for example, soluble in alcohols, and aliphatic or aromatic hydrocarbons.
Dynasylan 1189 provides flexural strength, tensile strength, impact strength and modulus of elasticity. It also provides
improved moisture and corrosion resistance.
- Size constituent or finish for glass fiber/glass fabric composites
- Additive to phenolic, furan and melamine resins used in foundry resins
- Primer or additive and for the chemical modification of adhesives and sealants
- Pretreatment of fillers and pigments used in mineral-filled polymers
- Primer and additive for improving the adhesion of paints and coatings to the substrate
- High flexible adhesion promoter in SMP-systems