Dynasylan 1505 is an amino-functional silane which acts as an adhesion promoter between inorganic materials (for example glass, metals and fillers) and organic polymers (thermosets, thermoplastics and elastomers) and as a surface modifier.
The most important effects which can be achieved by using Dynasylan 1505 are:
- improvement in product properties, such as
- mechanical properties, for example flexural strength, tensile strength, impact strength and modulus of elasticity
- moisture and corrosion resistance
- improvement in processing properties, such as
Dynasylan 1505 is an important additive in many applications. For example it can be used as an additive in cold-curing phenolic and furan foundry resins to improve the flexural strength of sand/resin elements with very long shelf life of the resins.
Further examples are:
- Glass and metal primers
- Abrasives: as additive to phenolic resin binders
- Mineral-filled composites: for pretreatment of fillers and pigments or as additive
- Synthesis of functional silicones