Dynasylan MEMO is a methacrylfunctional silane that can be used as adhesion promoter, surface modifier, co-monomer for polymer synthesis and crosslinker.
Dynasylan MEMO is a clear, colorless liquid. It is soluble in alcohols, and aliphatic or aromatic hydrocarbons.
Dynasylan MEMO is used as adhesion promoter in application such as:
- A constituent of glass fiber sizes (glass fiber fillers for unsaturated polyester resins and polyolefins)
- A finish for glass fabrics used in unsaturated polyester resins
- As a surface modifier for pigments and fillers for thermosets (unsaturated polyester, MMA), thermoplastics (polyesters and polyolefins)and elastomers
- As an additive for filled, peroxide-crosslinked elastomers
- As an additive for casting resins (unsaturated polyester, MMA)
Dynasylan MEMO is either applied to the inorganic substrate as a pretreatment by dipping, spraying, or coating or it may be added directly to the resin matrix (additive process). For pretreatment, the silane may be used
- Dissolved in an organic solvent
- Dissolved in a mixture of organic solvent and water for partial hydrolysis
- Completely hydrolyzed in aqueous solution