Colloidal Dispersion of Cerflon® FluoroCeramic Technology in Isopropanol
CER-IPA is a concentrated dispersion of PTFE and Boron Nitride in isopropanol. CER-IPA provides a new
dimension in durable coating application. It is an exceptionally stable dispersion that is translucent white in color which makes CER-IPA desirable for applications where the use of a dark colored (Graphite or MoS2) solid lubricants would be unacceptable.
CER-IPA is formulated with the patented technology of Ceramic Reinforced Technologies which “Ceramically reinforces” the PTFE. This reinforcement significantly increases its durability and application range and the technology also provides improved E.P., load carrying and anti-wear properties in fully formulated and finished coatings and lubricants.
Benefits can include energy savings, smoother mechanical operation, extended life, and reduced maintenance costs of the object being coated or lubricated. The “reinforced” PTFE reduces surface to surface contact and scuffing while providing reliable low friction lubrication under boundary conditions.
- Lubricating solids: CERFLON® (PTFE/BN)
- Carrier: Isopropanol (IPA)
- Carrier Viscosity: 3000 mPas @ 25°C (77°F) typical
- Solids content: 20% (PTFE/Boron Nitride)
- Particle size: 2.25 microns (mean)
- Density: ~8 lb/gal (1.11 kg/l) @ 25°C (77°F)
- Flash point: 12ᴼC (53ᴼF)
- Color: White
- VOC: 683 g/l; reduced 764 g/l
- Shelf life: 12 months from manufacture date
- Release Coatings
- Anti-Friction Applications
- Industrial Coatings
- Aerosol Lubricants
- Dry Film lubricants
- Anywhere PTFE is used