Personal Care

Dekaben IT

INCI Name: Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Dekaben IT is a very effective preservative with a broad spectrum activity against bacteria, fungi and yeasts. Excellent efficacy of Dekaben IT can be shown at low in-use concentrations, which makes Dekaben IT a very cost-effective preservative system. Moreover, this preservative is highly biodegradable and water soluble.

Dekaben IT is a preservative based on a combination of Methylchloroisothiazolinone (CMIT, approx. 1.13%) / Methylisothiazolinone (MIT, approx. 0.38%) with a total concentration of 1.5% actives, in a solution with approx. 23% magnesium salts.

Key Features

  • Highly efficient broad spectrum activity against bacteria, fungi and yeasts
  • Very cost effective preservative system
  • Highly biodegradable and water soluble - suitable for rinse-off applications
  • Dekaben IT is Halal certified