UNI-TAC 70 is a modified rosin, which offers an excellent combination of oxidation and crystallization resistance. This product functions as a tackifier for SBR, natural rubber, butyl rubber, ethylene-vinyl acetate and other polymers. Formulated in solvent-based and water-based adhesives, it exhibits no tendency to crystallize.
• Soluble in aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and chlorinated solvents. Soluble at 50% or higher solids in ethanol, n-propanol and isopropanol. Insoluble in ethylene glycol, propylene glycol and water
• Resistant to crystallization
• Highly polar – affinity for paper, polyester, and metal surfaces
• Low viscosity enhances penetration into porous substrates
• Water and solvent based construction adhesives including carpeting, flooring, framing and tile applications where good tack and stability are required.
• Pressure sensitive, sealant, hot melt adhesives
• Rubber compounding applications